Thursday, November 12, 2015

Knitting Totes

A friend from church has opened a knitting shop (Knitty Gritty) nearby and offered (SO graciously!) to allow me to bring in some bags to sell.  I had stumbled on this very cool looking pattern from SewSweetUK and for the first time in ages actually BOUGHT a pattern to use for something.

These are the first three I made - two in sizes directly from the pattern and the last one I made up on my own for size.



My chicken pincushion!



Chalk marked lines for outside pockets 






I opted to create a quilted padded handle (not in the pattern)






Love this fabric from Kate Spain for Moda

Everyone needs an assistant... right?


This bag has a drawstring closure top









These were really fun to make but did take a considerable amount of time individually.  They are fully lined, two of them have interior pockets in differing dimensions.  They are made with 100% cotton quilting fabrics, interfaced for strength and have cotton batting for stability.  They are also stitch reinforced on the pockets for added durability.
I'm hopeful that they will sell and bless people.  I have a few more ideas for different style bags that I want to try in the coming weeks but first I have a quilt to finish for Christmas.

Be blessed in your sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment