Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A Pinwheel Project

In a spurt of post holiday shopping I purchased two sizes of a really slick little template tool.  It's called a "twister" and allows you to transform standard squares into pinwheels fairly easily.
You can read/purchase here: I bought mine from Canton Village Quilt Works, but they are relocating currently and are sold out at the moment.
This is the progression on a project I'm making for my Mom.  I will update with fully finished once I get the quilting and binding done.

5" squares cut from my stash

Squares just sewn together

3" border added to squares

Twister Tool lined up on seams

First row cut and re-sewn

Row 2 added - starting to see the pinwheels

Swiss cheese left after all blocks cut from original piece

Pinwheels!

New border added to finish it off

At the moment this piece is loaded onto the quilting frame as I fight with my stitch length regulator and audition quilting designs.  Update will come...

UPDATE:  Finished photos - quilting is done with my Janome 1600P, King Tut Variegated thread in blues and the pattern is called "Billowy".  Binding is hand finished and of course - my quilt label.





Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete