I started by laying out the strips and just worked in order as they came off the roll. I sliced the charm pack in half creating 2 1/2" rectangles. Then I used angled piecing to create a triangle within each strip and mirrored it for the next strip.
|Gypsy was testing the top for comfort|
Once I had the strips done, I felt it was too narrow for a bed quilt. Just about 43" wide. I decided to order a yard of the white and add some borders as well as a side panel. I used a few more of the charm squares and almost ever last scrap of the prints to create a free-form sort of extension down one side.
So onto the frame it went and I think I managed a record of getting it loaded, quilted, and bound in just 3 days!
|Fender testing during binding work|
Quilted by me on my Janome 1600P machine on a New Joy Gold frame. All cotton fabrics, Warm & Natural batting, & Superior Threads.